Homeowners love the Andersen 400 Series Frenchwood Sliding Patio Door. The elegant finishes add class to any living room or kitchen. Andersen 400 series patio doors are well-constructed units and the top of the sliding patio doors market.
The Andersen 400 series Frenchwood sliding patio door is the best selling sliding patio door from the largest manufacturer in the USA. The Frenchwood sliding patio door is durable, Energy Star Compliant and offers a wide range of features. If you are looking for a classic style wood patio door, the 400 Series is a great choice.
The items we'll cover in this review are:
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Technical specifications
About Andersen Doors
For more than a century, Andersen has been the most trusted brand for windows and doors. They offer an extensive collection of high-quality products. Andersen is committed to integrity, excellence, and innovation. Whatever project you are working on, Andersen will have the products you need in a variety of sizes, wood options, colors, and accessories.
Andersen offers an impressive warranty - the glass is protected for 20 years, and parts are protected for 10 years.
Pros and Cons
- The Frenchwood sliding door is Andersen's best-selling sliding patio door
- Energy star compliant, with an extremely low U-Factor compared to other similar sliding doors
- Classic style wood door, with 4 exterior color options
- Solid wood frame with vinyl clad exterior provides a low maintenance but durable door
- Customizable with 4 interior wood options, and 8 lock hardware options
- Stainless steel track resists rusting, stains, and denting
- Smooth sliding with dual-ball bearing rollers on both doors
- Screen and lock accessories are not included
- Frame is not as slim as a vinyl one
- If you decide to get the exterior painted, it will show along the frame inside unless you add a trim piece to cover it
- U-Factor: 0.24
- Installed price starting in the mid $3,000s
Andersen sliding doors offer durability, longevity, and quality craftsmanship. With an emphasis on excellence, these doors are a no-brainer to add value to your home.