About CertainTeed Landmark Shingles
The Landmark is CertainTeed's tried-and-true architectural laminate shingle and is available in three grades: Landmark, Landmark Pro and Landmark Premium. Designed to replicate the appearance of cedar shake roofing, the Landmark series is available in a variety of colors to compliment any trim or siding. CertainTeed shingles are a best-selling product and customers ask for CertainTeed roofing products by name, especially the Landmark series.
Pros and Cons
- Landmark shingles meet the industry’s toughest third party quality standards
- Landmark shingles are dual-layered for added weather protection
- CertainTeed offers a ten year StreakFighter® warranty to keep your roof looking new and clean
- CertainTeed’s Landmark line has a Class A fire rating, which is the most resistant to flame spreading
- CertainTeed’s Landmark line is more expensive than CertainTeed’s 3-tab shingles
Colors, Finishes, and Options
- Landmark shingles come in a choice of three grades: standard, pro, and premium
- Selection between 14 color options to complement your personal tastes. Colors include Atlantic Blue, Birchwood, Burnt Sienna, Charcoal Black, Cobblestone Gray, Cottage Red, and many more!
- Choice in your waterproofing package to fit your needs in weather protection
- The option to include new gutters in your installation
Landmark Shingles Offerings
Landmark Series offers four levels of high performance shingles in weight and thickness. The heavier the shingle, the more depth, thickness and dimension it offers. All four offer the exceptional value of the industry’s toughest fiber glass mat, the strongest materials available and the best warranty. Landmark Series shingles endure time and weather beautifully. They come with an exclusive StreakFighter warranty, protecting your roof from streaking that can be caused by airborne algae.
Many consumers ask us the benefits of CertainTeed Landmark shingles vs. Landmark Pro shingles. Here are some of the key differences in the lines:
CertainTeed’s enhanced lifetime limited warranty protects against ANY manufacturing defects, which include aesthetic defects.
- Landmark TL • Triple-layer protection • 305 lbs. • Max Def color palette • Lifetime limited warranty
- Landmark Premium • Dual-layer, high performance • 300 lbs. • Max Def color palette • Lifetime limited warranty
- Landmark Pro • Dual-layer, high performance • 250 lbs. • Max Def color palette • Lifetime limited warranty
- Landmark • Dual-layer durability • 233-238 lbs. • Lifetime limited warranty
Landmark Warranty Details
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Landmark.
- Lifetime, limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart warranty (100% replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects)
- 10-year StreakFighter warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available for Landmark up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required
CertainTeed Roofing Install Process
A roofing installation is typically a one-day process that broken up into three parts: current roof removal, preparation and underlayment, nailing new shingles. The job typically takes 1 to 2 days, depending on the size of your roof.
First the crew will remove all the shingles on your roof, and then they'll inspect the roof deck (the plywood boards) for damage. If all looks good, they'll move on to adding ice and water shield, synthetic underlayment, starter strips, and more to prep the roof for the next phase.
The last piece of the project, which typically is the most rewarding for the homeowner, is watching the crew nail all of the new shingles onto the prepped deck. The change is immediate and quite striking!
It sounds simple, but the roofing crew takes great pains to make sure the project goes smoothly and the product is installed perfectly so the warranty can be given by the manufacturer.
About CertainTeed Roofing
CertainTeed is a premium manufacturer of roofing material, verified by winning the Professional Remodelers Best in Class award. CertainTeed’s Landmark roofing shingle is a laminate material designed to imitate the architectural appearance of cedar shake roofing, but at a fraction of the cost. An individual shingle consists of a fiberglass base topped with a layer of asphalt, which is thicker and more reinforced in premium options. However, budget conscious homeowners can rest assured that the standard Landmark shingle maintains sound quality with its great price. Landmark’s laminate roofing is thoroughly tested for quality and is available in numerous colors that can compliment any trim, stucco, or siding.
CertainTeed Landmark Shingles Price
How much do CertainTeed Landmark Shingles cost? Although the exact cost will vary depending on a large number of factors (square footage, style chosen, extra labor, etc.), the typical installation price for CertainTeed Landmark Pro Roofing is $350 per 100 square feet.
How HireHaven's Process Works
1: We visit your home. After answering a few questions online, our licensed expert will complete a detailed project report in-person.
2: We get you 3 bids in 3 days. Vetted local roof contractors submit bids based on your report. Our expert helps you translate and compare them.
3: Meet your top contractor. Choose the best roofing contractor and meet them before committing. We stay in touch to ensure the project goes smoothly.