CertainTeed, a leading name in vinyl siding, has helped shape the building products industry for over 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, today, CertainTeed is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products. CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain (one of the world's oldest and largest building product companies) and employs 5700 in more than 60 US manufacturing facilities.
CertainTeed Vinyl Siding - Brand History
From its early beginnings, the company was renamed “CertainTeed” in 1917, inspired by their slogan “Quality made certain. Satisfaction guaranteed.” Starting with asphalt shingles, the product line expanded in the 1960s when the firm acquired a fiberglass insulation business and PVC pipe business.
In October 2015, CertainTeed moved into a new state-of-the-art open floor plan headquarters. This ‘living laboratory’ enables their research team to measure the impact their products and innovations have in a real environment.
CertainTeed Vinyl Siding - Philosophy
Being green is one of their top priorities. CertainTeed leads the industry in sustainable business practices while improving product performance and style. And their vinyl siding is no exception. By streamlining operations to reduce carbon emissions, and by reprocessing all vinyl scrap, the manufacturing process has near-zero waste. The company feels that ‘we do well by doing good’. Both management and employees give back often, partnering with charities like Homes for Our Troops and YouthBuildUSA.
CertainTeed Vinyl Siding - Products
CertainTeed has a suite of products for residential homeowners making exterior improvements. Here’s a bit about their product lines:
- Roofing: Architectural laminate shingles, synthetic slate, and the industry’s first architectural-style strip highlight CertainTeed’s roofing products.
- Siding: Shop for authentic cedar appearance shake and shingle vinyl or composite siding (in both vertical and horizontal orientation) from CertainTeed. Don’t forget to accent your home’s exterior with soffit and vinyl trim detailing.
- Solar: CertainTeed offer the latest in photovoltaic technology. Choose from the efficient and affordable Solstice solar solution, or the upgraded Apollo II system. The latter works as a roof and a solar system in one.
- Trim: CertainTeed Exterior Trim highlights the architectural features of your home and makes for eye-catching curb appeal —without rotting, peeling or fading.
- Decking: The EverNew vinyl decking product is low maintenance, lightweight, easy to install, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Fence: Complement your yard and outdoor spaces with a fence from CertainTeed. Select from woodgrain texture, stucco, and more.
Shopping for products
If you’re looking for inspiration, the CertainTeed site has a number of features to help envision what your home could look like after a remodeling project.
- ColorView: Build your dream house using CertainTeed products with this interactive tool. Try different styles, types, and colors on real house examples.
- ColorCoach: Learn about which colors work well together and try out color combos directly on the site. You’ll feel like an amateur artist.
- CurbAppeal: With CurbAppeal you can visualize your ideas with tap and pick simplicity on a rendered model house. Available on App Store for iOS devices.
- Trim-It: Create distinction on your home by using this trim planning tool. CertainTeed offers accent and decorative trim products from both composite and vinyl product lines.
- Blend-it: Explorecolor blends mixes with Cedar Impressions® Individual 5" Sawmill Shingles.
How to contact CertainTeed
If you’d like to learn more about CertainTeed, visit https://certainteed.com.
Connect with the brand on social media: