A Clad Ultimate awning window from Marvin is a beautiful addition to any home. Featuring a narrow jamb, the Marvin Clad Ultimate awning window can easily be installed into an existing window frame for a seamless window replacement. As is the case with most awning windows, the Marvin Clad Ultimate Replacement Awning can be used on its own or as a complement to casement or picture windows. The window operates easily and is popular in living rooms and kitchens.
About Awning Windows
Awning windows have hinges at the top and open outward with a crank allowing them to catch breezes from any direction. Often times, homeowners will place an awning window above or below other windows to add architectural style, light, and ventilation to a room. Awning windows are also popular above or below windows that don’t open like a picture window.
The Marvin Ultimate Awning window is typically installed for about $950. The total price may increase or decrease based on selected attributes during the planning process.
Pros and Cons
- Can easily be installed into an existing window frame for a seamless window replacement
- Lets in light and provides better airflow
- Provides the ability to let in fresh air even during light rain
- Can be used separately or combined with casement and picture windows
- Low E argon gas filled for energy efficiency
- Sizing sets the industry standard for maximum visual impact and flexibility
- Available in dark colors, popular in modern homes
- Slightly higher price point than a basic vinyl awning window
- Limited range of movement compared to double hung
Colors, Finishes, & Options
- Clad Ultimate Insert Double Hung features a wood interior and a low-maintenance, extruded aluminum-clad exterior
- High performance PVDF fluoropolymer paint finish that offers superior resistance to fading and chalking and meets the toughest AAMA 2605 standard
- Choose from 16 exterior cladding colors, including three pearlescent finishes
- Wood options including Pine, Douglas Fir, White Oak, Cherry and more
- Several glass options including insulated glass and tripane
- Marvin's custom capabilities allow us to create almost any divided lite pattern you can dream up. Divided lites can feature an array of muntin widths, unique muntin profiles, rectangular or radius cuts and more
- Commercial-grade hardware is some of the toughest in the industry. Features include:
- Opens and closes easily with less cranking
- Provides top performance, even at the largest sizes
- With Marvin Coastal Complete, coastal residents no longer have to sacrifice beauty for performance. Designed with the coast in mind with:
- High-quality exterior cladding
- Standard AAMA 2605 finish
- Durable Fluropon® paint finish
- All exterior fasteners are corrosion resistant
- Most operating hardware available in stainless steel
- Fully integrated shades with top-down/bottom-up functioning available in 15 colors
About Marvin Windows & Doors
Built on a heritage of quality and innovation, Marvin leads the industry in product design and function. Each product is made to order to meet your exact specifications. With their customization capabilities, exclusive innovations, high-performance energy efficiency options, and unmatched personal service at every point in the process, you’ll be able to find beautiful windows and doors for your project.