Installed from $600 - $1200*
Casements are a common window type, often found above kitchen sinks or behind couches. This comprehensive guide will help you determine if a casement is the right window type for your project. Below you’ll find information on how to operate this type of window, how to recognize this type of window, pricing details, and more.
*Price listed is an estimate based on national averages. Tell us about your project to get accurate quotes from local window contractors.
About Replacement Casement Windows
These windows are made of a single sashed frame that is hinged at the side and opens outward. The height of these windows is typically greater than the width, in a similar fashion as double and single hung windows. They can be installed individually, as part of a pair, or as a group of multiple windows.
Casements open using a crank mechanism, which makes them extremely easy to operate. The crank is controlled by a fold down handle that glides the window open and closed, and holds it open even in the presence of wind.
Pros and ConsPros
- Provide great ventilation.
- They open wide instead of opening up like normal windows and can be angled to direct wind into the home.
- Extremely energy efficient.
- Seal very tightly against the weather stripping when they are shut, unlike windows that slide up and down along their weather stripping.
- Easy to clean frames because the entire window can be opened away from the frame.
- More expensive than other window styles.
- Outdoor area around the windows must be unobstructed so the windows aren’t damaged when they are opened.
- Limited in how large they can be, even with top tier hardware and installation.
Location in Your Home
The ventilation value of casements makes them a great option for areas of the home like kitchens and bathrooms. Casement replacement windows are frequently installed to bring light into a part of the house, and are often located in living rooms and bedrooms for increased natural light and air circulation.
Vinyl frames are typically on the less expensive side of the pricing spectrum, whereas wood and composite frames tend to be more expensive. The material you choose for your window will depend on your functional needs, design goals, and budget. Casements are popular due to their unobstructed shape and ability to bring the outdoors in, so brands often have multiple styles available for customization.
Replacement Casement Windows Prices
Pricing can vary by brand and depends on frame material, customizations and quantity, but a general price range for is between $600 and $1,200.
Here are the typical prices from popular brands, including installation:
Harvey Classic Single Casement - $700
Marvin Integrity All Ultrex Casement - $950
Andersen 400 Series Casement - $900
Pella Impervia Single Casement - $1000
Speak to an expert about your casement window options at 888.392.4236 or visit HireHaven.com. Our experts are ready to help you with your project and answer any questions you may have.